City of Countryside
Recreation Committee Meeting
Wednesday, April 6, 2011 6:30 P.M. Chamber Room
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call: Alderman John Von Drasek – Chairman, Alderman Michael Smetana, Alderman Sean McDermott
3. Approval of Minutes – February 17, 2011.
4. Consideration of Three Day Event in Countryside Park by the Countryside Business Association.
5. Discussion on Presenting Sponsor for 2011 Summer Concert Series.
6. Update on Baseball Field at City Park.
7. Other Committee Business.
MINUTES OF THE RECREATION COMMITTEE
CITY OF COUNTRYSIDE – CHAMBER ROOM
APRIL 6, 2011 6:30 PM
1. CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
Meeting was called to order at 6:03 pm. Upon roll call the following were present: John Von Drasek, Chairman, Michael Smetana, Alderman
Members Absent: Sean McDermott, Alderman
Also present: Mayor Robert Conrad – Ex-Officio, Sharon Sweeney, City Clerk, Steve Jasinski, Treasurer, Gail Paul, City Administrator, Sharon Peterson, Assistant City Administrator, Steve Drazner, Finance Director, Edward Krzeminski, Mayor Elect, Jim Jasinski, Alderman Elect, Marc LaCroix, President, CBA, Russ Nicoletti, Vice President, CBA, Scott Musillami, CBA, Carm Scarpace, CBA
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 17, 2011.
Upon motion made by Alderman Smetana and seconded by Chairman Von Drasek, the minutes were approved.
3. CONSIDERATION OF THREE DAY EVENT IN COUNTRYSIDE PARK BY THE COUNTRYSIDE BUSINESS ASSOCIATION.
Chairman Von Drasek gave the floor to President of the CBA, Marc LaCroix. Mr. LaCroix presented the CBA’s proposal for a three day event to be held in Countryside Park, August 12 – 14th. The CBA proposed two options: Option 1: The City sponsors the event for $25,000 and is recognized as a Platinum Sponsor on all literature, signage, postcards, t-shirts, etc. This cost does not include staff expenses, which are estimated at $8,000. Option 2: The City and CBA split all of the expenses of the fest equally. In turn, any and all profits are also shared equally. This cost does not include staff expenses which are estimated at $8,000.
Members of the committee saw no issues with the event, and thanked the CBA for their hard work on planning the event. After discussion, it was determined that the City would go with Option 1 as the Platinum Sponsor for the event.
4. DISCUSSION ON PRESENTING SPONSOR FOR THE 2011 SUMMER CONCERT SERIES.
Chairman Von Drasek gave the floor to Carm Scarpace from Westfield Ford. Mr. Scarpace would like Westfield Ford to be the presenting sponsor for the 2011 Summer Concert series. Westfield would like the recognition at all the concerts and the concerts to once again be named, Westfield Ford Presents… or, Westfield Ford Summer Concert Series. Mr. Scarpace offered two options for the $10,000. Option 1: $10,000 sponsorship. Option 2: $8,000 sponsorship and two scooters to raffle off during the series. After discussion, it was determined that the City would go with Option 2.
5. UPDATE ON BASEBALL FIELD AT CITY PARK.
The Lyons Township Little League will be installing the 70 foot bases at City Park to allow for traveling teams to use the field. This will be at no cost to the City.
6. OTHER COMMITTEE BUSINESS.
There being no further recreation business, the meeting adjourned at 6:44 pm.