LICENSE COMMITTEE MEETING
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 – 7:00 p.m.
Council Chamber Room – Countryside City Hall
I.Call to Order & Roll Call.
Committee Members: Chairman Musillami, Ald. Von Drasek, Jasinski.
II.Approval of the Minutes: November 19, 2012.
III.Consideration of reducing the Class H Liquor License fee.
CITY OF COUNTRYSIDE – CITY HALL
BUSINESS LICENSE COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
TUESDAY, JANUARY 22, 2013 – 7:00 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
- Meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. Those present: Chair Musillami, Aldermen Jasinski, Von Drasek. Also Present: Ald. Pondelicek, Clerk Sweeney, Deputy Clerk Bartelt, Adm. Paul; Acting Police Chief Novak.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
2. The minutes of the November 19, 2012 License Committee meeting were approved as submitted.
CONSIDERATION OF REUCING THE CLASS H LIQUOR LICENSE FEE.
3. Dep. Clerk Bartelt gave the background when liquor license fees were increased. After four years with the increase in place it was determined that only a $300 difference appeared between a Class H license allowing Beer and Wine for consumption only, and a Class E license allowing all liquors for consumption or sales, along with entertainment and dancing and longer hours. A survey of surrounding towns revealed that the difference between the two licenses ranged from $500 to $1500. There currently are three license holders in the Class H category.
The Committee’s consensus was to recommend a reduction in the Class H Liquor License category and present at the 1-23-13 council meeting for approval and passage of an ordinance to be effective immediately.
4. Ald. Von Drasek brought up the problem of unlicensed roofers being substituted on a job. If an approved roofer switches to using unlicensed labor and that person is injured, the State of Illinois pays a benefit from the pooled fund of State licensed roofers. This increases the cost of insurance for all those legally licensed. He wanted to see if there was something at the building department level that could be implemented that would prevent unlicensed roofers from working off another acceptable contractor’s building permit.
5. Motion was made to adjourn at 7:09 p.m.