IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE APPLICABLE STATUTES OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS AND ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF COUNTRYSIDE, NOTICE IS GIVEN HEREBY THAT THE NEXT REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF COUNTRYSIDE WILL BE HELD ON JUNE 12, 2013 AT THE HOUR OF 7:30 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER OF CITY HALL, 5550 EAST AVENUE, COUNTRYSIDE, ILLINOIS; DURING WHICH MEETING IT IS ANTICIPATED THERE WILL BE DISCUSSION AND CONSIDERATION OF AND, IF SO DETERMINED, ACTION UPON THE MATTERS CONTAINED IN THE FOLLOWING:
Regular Meeting of the City Council, City of Countryside
5550 East Avenue
City Hall, Council Chamber
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 – 7:30 P.M.
A.CALL TO ORDER – Pledge of Allegiance
Mayor Krzeminski, Alderman Pondelicek, Alderman Jasinski, Alderman Michalczyk, Alderman Von Drasek, Alderman McDermott, Alderman Musillami, Clerk Sweeney, Treasurer Jasinski
1. CITY CLERK WILL ENTERTAIN A MOTION TO APPOINT A MAYOR PRO TEM OF THE MEETING.
C. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
1. Regular City Council Meeting – May 22, 2013.
D. OMNIBUS AGENDA
1. Statement of Bills submitted for payment through June 12, 2013: $1,031,481.69.
2. Request from Deby Kennedy, 6670 Brainard, #404 to hold a block party at that location and barricade a partial area of the parking lot on private property.
E.COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
1. Reconsideration of Veto re Contract with Infinity Signs for a three year term concerning the City’s Printing Needs for $26,305.34.
G.CITY CLERK’S REPORT
I.COMMITTEE AND COMMISSION REPORTS FOR DISCUSSION, CONSIDERATION AND, IF SO DETERMINED, ACTION UPON:
1. Economic Development – Alderman McDermott
a. Consideration of Countryside Development Partners requesting that T-Mobile be a permitted tenant in the multi-tenant building on Lot 3A.
b. Status on Committee Items/Comments.
2. Finance Committee – Treasurer Jasinski
a. Status on Committee Items/Comments.
3. Human Resources Committee – Alderman Pondelicek
a. Status on Committee Items/ Comments.
4. Infrastructure Committee – Alderman Michalczyk
a. Status on Committee Items/Comments.
5. License Committee – Alderman Musillami
a. Business License applications submitted.
6. Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals – City Attorney Peck
a. Status on Committee Items/Comments
7. Police Committee – Alderman Pondelicek (recommendation from the ETSB Board mtg of 6-6-13)
a. Approval of ETSB expenditures for the period 11-15-12 to 5-28-13 for $110,720.03.
b. Status on Committee Items/Comments
8. Recreation Committee – Alderman Jasinski
a. Draft Resolution to rename City Park to Veteran’s Field.
b. Status on Committee Items/Comments.
9. Water Committee – Alderman Von Drasek
a. Status on Committee Items/Comments.
J. LEGAL REPORT
1. Approval of Settlement Agreement with H&H Electric Company and Colony Insurance Company
K. CITY ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
1. Request approval of Emergency PO#17090 for the Water Main Repair at Plainfield & La Grange Roads – $14,599.
M. BUSINESS FROM THE CITY COUNCIL FOR DISCUSSION, CONSIDERATION AND, IF SO DETERMINED, ACTION UPON:
N.ADJOURN TO EXECUTIVE SESSION
1. To review the Council executive session minutes of 5-22-13, sec. 21c.
Sharon Sweeney, City Clerk
* * * * * * *
O.RECONVENE TO REGULAR SESSION
1. To approve executive session Council minutes of 5-22-13.
I, the undersigned, posted the above Agenda at the following locations on or before 7:30 p.m., Monday, June 10, 2013.
In the office of the City Clerk, being the
principal office of the City Council
At the front entry to the City Hall at 5550 East Avenue, Countryside, Illinois
In lobby of the City Hall outside of the door leading to the Council Chamber
On the City of Countryside
At least 24 hours in advance of a scheduled public meeting, any individual with a disability who is in need of a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the meeting should contact the office of the City Clerk: In person at 5550 East Avenue, Countryside, IL. via telephone at (708) 354-7270 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
MINUTES OF A REGULAR MEETING
CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF COUNTRYSIDE, ILLINOIS
HELD IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12 , 2013
CALL TO ORDER – Pledge of Allegiance
City Clerk Sweeney called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Clerk Sweeney called the Roll of those physically present as follows:
Mayor Krzeminski (absent)
Alderman Pondelicek Alderman Jasinski
Alderman Michalczyk Alderman Von Drasek
Alderman McDermott Alderman Musillami
Clerk Sweeney Treasurer Jasinski
Also Present:City Admin. Paul, Police Chief Ford, Acting Police Chief Novak, City Attorney Peck, Asst. Admin. Peterson, Fin. Dir. Drazner, ESDA Crd. Norman, PC/ZBA member Benson.
1. Clerk Sweeney entertained a motion to appoint a Mayor Pro Tem for tonight’s meeting. Ald. McDermott moved to appoint Ald. Michalczyk as Chairman of tonight’s meeting, seconded by Ald. Musillami and carried by Roll Call vote.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
2. Regular City Council Meeting -May 22, 2013. Ald. Musillami moved to approve the minutes as presented, seconded by Ald. Pondelicek and carried unanimously.
3.Statement of Bills submitted for payment through June 12, 2013: $1,031,481.69.
4. Mayor Pro Tem Michalczyk read the request from Debra Kennedy, 6670 Brainard, #404 to hold a block party at that location and barricade a partial area of the parking lot on private property. This is the first time in 50 years that a condo has requested a block party. They did not receive overall board approval yet. Mayor Pro Tem Michalczyk suggested that this matter be approved pending their overall board approval. Ald. McDermott moved to approve, seconded by Ald. Jasinski and carried unanimously.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM THE PUBLIC
5.George Whaley, 5408 LaGrange Road, proprietor of Ultra Discount Nutrition, questions removal of the two restricted parking spaces in front of his business. He was never notified directly of the City’s action until receiving an email from the property owner. He never received a copy of the Ordinance or any other notification. He needs those signs in place to protect his customers’ access to his business. Asst. Admin. Ms. Peterson stated that the Tee Shirt shop required a parking variance to move to that location; notification is always sent to the property owner. She will provide further information to him. Ald. McDermott suggested working out an agreement between the three business owners whereby parking in the rear of the building could be arranged. Ms. Peterson will follow up on this matter.
6.Reconsideration of Veto re: Contract with Infinity Signs for a three-year term concerning the City’s printing needs for $26,305.34. Ald. Musillami moved to reconsider the motion made and passed by City Council on May 8, 2013 to enter into a three-year contract with Infinity Signs for printing services for the City at the same cost $26,305.34, notwithstanding the Mayor’s refusal to approve it, seconded by Ald. McDermott. Ald. McDermott asked whether any Council member was contacted by the Mayor in regard to this contract since the last meeting; the answer was no. He stated that the individual who received this contract bid $8,000 lower than the other printing company in town and he has agreed to hold this rate of $26,305 for the next three years; he has held that rate for the past two years. He is a Countryside resident and Countryside business owner. Ald. Von Drasek stated that there are other instances of contracts going to businesses doing their job well and offering superior service. Motion carried by Roll Call vote – 6/0/0.
CITY CLERK’S REPORT – no report.
7.Treasurer Jasinski expressed condolences on behalf of the City to Gail Paul and her family on the death of her father.
COMMITTEE AND COMMISSION REPORTS FOR DISCUSSION,
CONSIDERATION AND, IF SO DETERMINED, ACTION UPON:
8. Economic Development Committee – Alderman McDermott stated that a meeting took place earlier this evening with a presentation by T Mobile for the middle portion of Lot 3A in the City Center. The committee will take the matter under advisement and come back with a recommendation at a later date.
Finance Committee – Treasurer Jasinski – no report.
Human Resources Committee – Alderman Pondelicek – no report.
Infrastructure Committee – Alderman Michalczyk – no report.
9. License Committee – Alderman Musillami – presented the Business License applications of Hooters of Countryside, 5925 LaGrange Road, The Vitamin Shoppe, 6005 LaGrange Road and Seth Lines, Inc., 6502 Joliet Road. Special Use permit and Special Event License for Lambda Car Club, Berwyn, IL – a car show for members only at the Holiday Inn on 7-20-13. Concerts in the Park will begin June 13 through August 8 at Countryside Park. Ald. Von Drasek stated that Grace Lutheran Church requested a second fundraiser to solicit funds for a mission trip. The fundraiser will be held at Harley Davidson on June 22; also seeking to waive the license fee of $50. Ald. Musillami moved to approve, seconded by Ald. McDermott and carried unanimously. Mayor Pro Tem Michalczyk stated that it is approved tonight and will be put on the agenda for the next Council meeting.
Plan Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals – City Attorney Peck – no report.
10. Police Committee – Alderman Pondelicek sought Council approval of ETSB expenditures for the period of November 15, 2012 through May 28, 2013 in the amount of $110,720.03. Ald. Jasinski moved to approve, seconded by Ald. Musillami and carried by unanimous voice vote.
11. Recreation Committee – Alderman Jasinski presented the draft resolution to rename the ball field at City Park to Veteran’s Field, in honor of the many men and women who have served our Nation as members of the Armed Services. Ald. Von Drasek moved to adopt the Resolution as presented, seconded by Ald. Pondelicek and carried by unanimous voice vote.
Clerk Sweeney declared that this will be known as RESOLUTION 13-8-R.
12. Ald. Jasinski reminded the audience that Concerts in the Park will begin tomorrow night; he invited one and all to come out and enjoy the evening. He thanked the business community in the City who graciously sponsor this event, some who are present tonight. All duties are turned over to the sponsors, including emcee anouncements and the raffle. Treas. Jasinski’s band will join in the festivities.
13. Water Committee – Alderman Von Drasek expressed his condolences to Gail Paul. He also noted that former Chief Tony Garvey in North Riverside passed away; condolences to his family.
CITY ATTORNEY’S REPORT
14.City Attorney Peck sought approval of a settlement agreement with H & H ElectricCompany and Colony Insurance Company in the amount of $18,500 payment to the City. Ald. Jasinski moved to approve, seconded by Ald. Von Drasek and carried by Roll Call vote – 6/0/0.
Clerk Sweeney declared that this will be known as RESOLUTION 13-9-R.
CITY ADMINISTRATOR’S REPORT
15.City Admin. Ms. Paul requested approval of Emergency PO# 17090 in the amount of $14,599 to CMG Construction for emergency water main repairs at Plainfield & LaGrange Roads. Ald. McDermott moved to approve, seconded by Ald. Musillami and carried by voice vote.
16.Mayor Pro Tem Michalczyk sought to adjourn to Executive Session under Section 21c of the Open Meetings Act for the purpose of reviewing Executive Session minutes of 5-22-13. Ald. Von Drasek moved to adjourn to Executive Session, seconded by Ald. Pondelicek and carried by Roll Call vote – 6/0/0.
Mayor Pro Tem Michalczyk declared the meeting recessed at 7:58 p.m.
* * * * *
The Regular City Council meeting returned to Open Session at 8:05 p.m. with the same members present.
Ald. McDermott moved to approve the Executive Session minutes of 5-22-13 as presented, seconded by Ald. Von Drasek and carried unanimously.
Ald. McDermott moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Ald. Musillami and carried by Roll Call vote.
Mayor Pro Tem Michalczyk declared the meeting adjourned at 8:06 p.m.
SHARON SWEENEY, CITY CLERK