November 20, 2013


Pleasant Dale Park District

7425 S. Wolf Road

Burr Ridge, Illinois 60527


1. Call to Order

2. Roll Call

3. Additions/Corrections to the Agenda

4. Open Forum

5. Board Member Comments

6. Consent Agenda – Monthly Business (the consent agenda will be approved with one motion. If there is a question or concern regarding an item on the consent agenda, board members can either call Billy or Matt prior to the meeting or request that the specific item be removed from the consent agenda and be voted on separately.)

A. Minutes

Regular Meeting 10/16/13 pg. 2-3

B. Voucher report for October pg. 4-9

7. Old Business

A. Preliminary Revenue and Rounds Report October pg. 10-16

B. P/L Report October pg. 17-22

8. New Business

9. Reports (Staff reports are provided as information only. If you have specific questions regarding a staff report, please add it to the agenda at the beginning of the meeting under Additions/Corrections)

10. Additional Items

11. Adjournment

The Pleasant Dale Park District and the City of Countryside are subject to the requirements of the Americans with Disability Act of 1990. Individuals with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who require certain accommodations in order to allow them to observe and/or participate in this meeting, or have questions regarding the accessibility of the meeting, or the facilities, are requested to contact the ADA Coordinator at 630/662-6220 promptly to allow the Pleasant Dale Park District to make reasonable accommodations for those persons.

Minutes of the



November 20, 2013


Pleasant Dale Park District

7425 S Wolf Road

Burr Ridge, IL 60527

1. President Mark Radulski called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm.

2. In attendance President Mark Radulski, Vice President Tom Michalczyk & Board Member Wade Brewer. Board Member John Von Drasek and Board Member Dave Klapperich were absent. Also in attendance were Golf Course employees Billy Rosinia, Doug Davis, Susan Smith, Executive Director Matt Russian, Alderman Jasinski and Don McGoorty.

3. Under additions or corrections to the agenda Manager Rosinia stated that on Page 3 of the Council report there was an error in a check made out to him for $14.28. He has written a check to replace it and Maria will make the journal entry.

4. Open Forum: No comments

5. Board member comments: President Radulski commented that the audit has been expanded. The final report should be ready in the next week or two.

6. Consent Agenda: There were no additions or corrections to the minutes. Board member Brewer moved to approve the minutes, Vice President Michalczyk 2ndand the motion passed unanimously.

President Radulski questioned the payouts to the Pro’s. Manager Rosinia explained that all of the Pros have been paid. Discussion followed. President Radulski commented that one of the things that the auditors are concerned about are duplicate receipts. There was discussion about possibly using purchase orders for lessons to eliminate the need for duplicate receipts. This can be looked at over the winter and a new plan can be put in place. Vice President Michalczyk moved to approve the voucher report 2ndby President Radulski and the motion passed unanimously.

7. Old Business: There were comments about October revenue. Manager Rosinia stated that while we did not make projection we did exceed last year. President Radulski commented that the golf course was at 85% of revenue and 64% of expenses. With a decent spring the year should end strong.

8. New Business: None

9. Staff Reports:

Manager Rosinia commented on the status of the gas line for the maintenance facility. The job was supposed to be completed in October however nothing has happened. Heat Engineering has finished their part of the job to get the building ready. No one at NiCor will return calls. Manager Rosinia spoke with Sharon Peterson from the City to get a lead on calling someone else.

Discussion followed. President Radulski asked if payment had been made to NiCor and if so we should ask for a refund in hopes of moving the project along. Supt. Davis said that he had called the individual responsible for the job as well with no returned phone call.

President Radulski questioned Supt. Davis about his staff for the winter months. Supt. Davis stated that there is a lot of behind the seen work that needs to be addressed during the winter. Manager Rosinia also commented on the various projects that his staff takes on over the winter in order to keep the facility looking fresh.

10. Board Member Brewer moved to adjourn; Vice President Michalczyk seconded and the meeting adjourned at 7:50pm.

Submitted by Susan Smith acting Secretary