City Council, City of Countryside
5550 East Avenue
City Hall, Council Chambers
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:00 p.m.
CALL TO ORDER – Pledge of Allegiance
1. Ald. Jasinski led the audience in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag.
2. Ald. McDermott asked for a motion to nominate a chairman for this meeting. Ald. Michalczyk moved to appoint Ald. McDermott as Chairman for tonight’s meeting, seconded by Ald. Pondelicek and carried by Roll Call vote – 6/0/0.
3. Ald. McDermott called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. City Clerk Sweeney called the Roll of those physically present as follows:
Present: Alderman Pondelicek, Alderman Jasinski, Alderman Michalczyk, Alderman Von Drasek, Alderman McDermott, Alderman Musillami, Clerk Sweeney, Treasurer Jasinski
Also Present: City Admin. Paul, City Atty. Yehl, Asst. Admin. Peterson, City Eng. Fitzgerald, CDP Swanson, Police Bd. Member Burdett, Louis Schriber, Aaron Roth, Andrew Goodman.
4. Clerk Sweeney stated that Mayor Krzeminski has requested to attend the meeting electronically. There was no objection noted. Clerk Sweeney placed the call; Mayor Krzeminski responded and was represented telephonically.
5. Chairman McDermott stated that the first order of business is from the Economic Development Committee meeting held earlier this evening.
Consideration of an Ordinance Authorizing a Redevelopment Agreement Between the City of Countryside and Countryside Development Partners, LLC, in regard to the Texas Roadhouse and the Three-Unit Commercial Building Development Comprising a Part of The Countryside Commercial TIF District and Authorizing the Transfer Of Title to Certain Real Property Owned by the City to Countryside Development Partners, LLC, in Relation Thereto.
Ald. Von Drasek moved to adopt the Ordinance as presented, seconded by Ald. Pondelicek and carried by Roll Call vote – 6/0/0. The Mayor added his Aye vote. Ald. Von Drasek congratulated everyone concerned with getting the agreement finalized. Mayor Krzeminski echoed the congratulations and acknowledged the hard work and extremely long hours involved by City Staff in bringing this entire project to fruition.
Clerk Sweeney declared that this will be known as ORDINANCE 12-65-O.
6. Chairman McDermott stated that the next matter is awarding a negotiated contract to Schwartz Excavating, Inc. for Phase 3 Site Improvements for Countryside city Center. Ald. Pondelicek moved to approve the contract as presented, seconded by Ald. Von Drasek and carried by Roll Call vote – 6/0/0. For the record Mayor Krzeminski added his Aye vote. He again thanked everyone involved for all their due diligence in this matter.
7. There being no further business to discuss, Ald. Musillami moved to adjourn the Special Meeting, seconded by Ald Jasinski and carried by unanimous voice vote.
Chairman McDermott declared the meeting adjourned at 7:08 p.m.
SHARON SWEENEY, CITY CLERK