John Fitzgerald is the City Engineer for the City of Countryside. John is a Professional Engineer and Vice President for the City’s Consulting Civil Engineering Firm, Frank Novotny & Associates, Inc. Frank Novotny & Associates has successfully performed municipal consulting engineering services for the City of Countryside since 1965. John replaced the former City Engineer and retired President of Frank Novotny & Associates, Robert Boehm, in October 2002.
John brings a well-rounded balance of specialized technical expertise to the City of Countryside. Along with a team of engineers, technicians and field personnel, John designs and oversees the following types of improvements:
- Street Paving & Rehabilitation
- Water Mains, Distribution Systems & Pumping Stations
- Sanitary Sewer Extension & Collection Systems
- Storm Water Drainage, Management & Hydraulic Studies
- Roadway Lighting & Traffic Control Systems
- Subdivision Plan Review & Inspection of Improvements
- Commercial Area Redevelopment
- Sidewalk, Pathway & Bikeway Systems Planning & Design
- Parking Lot Facilities
John has been with Frank Novotny & Associates since 1987, after receiving his B.S. in Civil Engineering from Marquette University.