City Clerk Elizabeth Kmet was appointed in July, 2019. The Office of City Clerk is a 4-year term.
The City Clerk’s Office is staffed by Deputy City Clerk/Assistant City Administrator Sharon Peterson, Senior Administrative Clerk Karen Melone and Office Assistant Liz Saucedo.
The Clerk’s Office has responsibility for the following City functions:
- Serve as the first point of contact, greeting all residents and visitors to City Hall.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Open Meetings Act legislation – including timely posting and announcement of City meetings.
- Process all requests for public documents in compliance with the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- Record all ordinances and resolutions passed by the City Council and forward appropriately.
- Issue and attest under the Corporate Seal of the City – as required – all agreements and documents approved by the Mayor and City Council.
- Process, issue, and maintain records of all licenses granted.
- Maintain and protect all documents belonging to the City in accordance with all applicable Local, State and Federal laws and regulations.
- The Deputy Clerk has the power and duty to execute all documents required by law or ordinance to be executed by the City Clerk and affix the Seal of the City thereto whenever required.