- Can a permit be rescinded for violation of codes and rules?
- Are temporary barriers required for protection of patrons from vehicles?
- Are there any permit fees associated with this outdoor dining permit application?
- Can public restrooms be available in the restaurant or can temporary toilet facilities be located outside?
- Are screen umbrellas allowed at tables?
- Are tents allowed?
Answer: Yes. They must conform to UL 701 flame spread characteristics. Specifications or cut sheets shall be supplied.
- Can accessible parking spaces be used for open dining?
Answer: Minimum of one accessible space shall be provided under all conditions. Space shall be duly marked with signage provided and shall be closer to the
- Is emergency lighting and exit signs required?
Answer: Yes. When a fire retardant tent is used.
- Can outdoor dining be in the right of way or over your property lines?
- Are fire extinguishers required at outdoor dining?
Answer: Yes. Minimum of one. Model # 4A60 BC centered in the dining area.
- Can smoking occur in the dining area since we are outside?
Answer: No. Smoking must be a minimum 15 feet from tables and chairs and not under tents.
- Are outdoor refuse containers required in dining area?
Answer: Yes. Minimum of two containers for garbage.
- Can tents be enclosed?
Answer: Partially. Side flaps can be allowed on walls facing residential areas only an no more than 50% of total wall length.
- Can dining be adjacent to enclosed garbage enclosures?
Answer: No. Refuse and recycling enclosures shall be clear and maintained.
- Once I receive my permit, is it required to be displayed?
Answer: Yes. The permit shall be displayed to indicate the maximum capacity for the outdoor dining.
- Is indoor dining allowed provided it follows the specific guidelines of the State of Illinois “Restore Illinois” Phase 3?