The Finance Department consists of three employees and an elected City Treasurer. The City Treasurer and Department Head are:
- Courtney Bolt, City Treasurer (elected position)
- David Schutter, Finance Director
In addition, the Department has two full-time employees and one part-time employee.
- Meiling Lieu (Senior Accountant)
- Holly Williams (Senior Clerk)
- Kelvin Keach (Part-Time Account Clerk)
Primary functions of the Finance Department are:
- Preparation and coordination of the annual appropriation budget and levy.
- Collections (receipts and receivables), disbursements (invoices and payables), and investment of City Funds (excluding Police Pension).
- Interim financial reporting.
- Annual City audit (in conjunction with external auditors).
- Insurance and risk management.
- Water billing.
- Grant administration.
- Adherence to all State mandates and requirements.
- Follow all Governmental Accounting Standards Board accounting pronouncements.
- Debt issuance administration.
- Capital improvement plan (CIP) reporting and analysis.
- Assist City Administrator’s Office with various types of financial analysis projects and research.