Under current City policy all water accounts are billed on a monthly basis. All water bills may be paid at City Hall during regular City Hall hours as follows: via mail, via online, or through direct debit. An application for the automatic deduction can be found in the Forms & Permits section of our website. Click here to go there now. For your additional convenience, a drop box is available for payments; it is located at the entrance to City Hall.
A 1.5% penalty is applied each month to all past due balances, effective January 1, 2014.
When selling or buying a home, apartment building, condominium, or business, be sure to call the Water Department at least 5 days before closing to schedule a final water meter reading.
Water Rates (Effective with June 1, 2018 Usage)
A. Rates Established: The following shall be the monthly rates for water supplied through the waterworks system of the City of Countryside:
- All Single-Family Residential Users: $7.15 per 1,000 gallons of water plus a $5.00 per month service availability charge.
- All Multiple Residential Users: $9.15 per 1,000 gallons of water plus a $5.00 per month service availability charge.
- All Commercial Users: $10.39 per 1,000 gallons of water up to 20,000 gallons; $11.54 per 1,000 gallons of water above 20,000 gallons. The monthly $5.00 service availability charge will also be in effect.
- Other Governmental Units as follows:
– Pleasantdale Park District: $10.39 per 1,000 gallons of water up to 20,000 gallons; $11.54 per 1,000 gallons of water above 20,000 gallons. The monthly $5.00 service availability charge will also be in effect.
– Flagg Creek Golf Course: $10.39 per 1,000 gallons of water up to 20,000 gallons; $11.54 per 1,000 gallons of water above 20,000 gallons. The monthly $5.00 service availability charge will also be in effect.
– Village of Indian Head Park and LaGrange Highlands Sanitary District: $6.24 (effective 06/01/2018) per 1,000 gallons of water plus a $5.00 per month service availability charge.
- Effective Date for Rates: The foregoing rates shall be in full force and effect as of January 1, 2015. (Ord. 15-04-O).
- Final Readings: Whenever a change in ownership or occupancy of premises is to take place, and a final water meter reading is requested, and notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the current owner or occupant shall be charged only for water actually used from the beginning of the billing period in which the reading is made to the date of reading. The new owner or occupant shall pay for that billing period the minimum water service charge plus the charge for water used over the amount covered by the minimum service charge, if any, less a sum equal to the amount paid for that billing period by the former owner or occupant. (Ord. 87-55-0, 11-11-1987).
- Billing Cycles – Monthly: Billing cycles for water service shall be monthly.
B. Multiple Residential Buildings Or Mobile Home Parks; Water Rate Charges: Multiple residential buildings and mobile home parks may have a separate meter for each residential unit as well as a separate meter for sprinklers contained thereon and the residential rates shall apply accordingly to each meter use. The rates for multiple residential buildings that have a single water meter for more than one unit shall be charged the multiple-family rates. (Ord. 08-18-0, 4-9-2008)
C. Multiple Residential Buildings or Mobile Home Parks – Service Availability Charge: Notwithstanding that any multiple residential building or mobile home park employs a single water meter for two or more residential dwelling units, the monthly Service Availability Charge shall apply to each such residential or mobile home unit.
D. Commercial Buildings: Commercial buildings shall have a separate meter for each store unit contained therein and the foregoing rates shall apply accordingly to each meter user.
E. City Authority to Change Rates: The city reserves the right to make such reasonable changes in rates and in conditions herein established and to establish further rules and regulations from time to time as may be found expeditious or necessary.
DIRECT DEBIT PAYMENT OF WATER BILLS.
The City of Countryside offers a free and convenient option to pay your water bill. You can have your water payments automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the due date of the water bill. This avoids writing checks, searching for stamps or worrying about late charges. You will continue to receive your statement by mail and have 15 days from the invoice date to dispute your bills. Please contact Holly Williams (Finance Department) at 708.485.2465 if you have further questions. To sign up for direct debit, please complete the Authorization Agreement for Direct Debits form, sign and date the form and enclose a voided checked with your agreement and mail to:
City of Countryside
Attn: Water Billing Department
803 Joliet Road
Countryside, IL 60525
Water Billing Potential Issues
Roughly 95% of all high water bill complaints are due to a leaking toilet flapper valve (the black orb in your toilet tank). It will over time distort out of its original shape and cause water to run, often it is unheard or unnoticed until the water bill is received by the customer.
Other factors to look for before your water bill is received:
- Listen to the toilet tank by placing your ear very near the toilet to check if there is any water running.
- Check the bronze colored water meter for any unusual movement of the dials that measure water usage.
- To avoid periodic leaking situations, manually write down the meter read on a daily basis (once every 24 hours) for a period of 7 days to ensure a consistent recording of your water usage.