Description: The City of Countryside is seeking a part-time Property Plumbing Inspector in the Community Development Department. Under the supervision of the Building Commissioner, this individual will inspect plumbing, gas and process piping installation. Position is typically scheduled Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 am. – 12:00 pm.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Valid Knowledge of principles, practices and functions of the Illinois Plumbing code.
- Perform plan reviews on plan submissions both in paper and electronic format for compliance with the Illinois Plumbing Code and local City amendments.
- Inspects property to investigate complaints on plumbing issues.
- Prepares reports, tickets, notices as required for proper notification of property owner and tenants for code violations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current Illinois licensed plumber and an Illinois Certified Plumbing Inspector.
- 5 years’ experience as a licensed plumber.
Salary Range: $30 – $35 per hour depending on qualifications. No benefits.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a City of Countryside Employment Application, resume and three (3) references. Submit application, resume and references to City of Countryside, Human Resources, 803 Joliet Road, Countryside, IL 60525 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date to apply for this position: Open until position is filled.
The City of Countryside is an Equal Opportunity Employer