Description: The City of Countryside is seeking a part-time Plumbing Inspector in the Community Development Department. Under the supervision of the Building Commissioner, this individual will inspect plumbing, gas and process piping installation. Position is typically scheduled Monday through Friday, 8:30 am. – 12:30 pm.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Valid Knowledge of principles, practices and functions of the Illinois Plumbing code.
- Perform plan reviews on plan submissions both in paper and electronic format for compliance with the Illinois Plumbing Code and local City amendments.
- Prepares reports, tickets, notices as required for proper notification of property owner and tenants for code violations.
- Performs other minor duties as requested by the Building Commissioner. Duties to include property maintenance investigations and concrete pre-pour inspections.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Requires a person who is an Illinois licensed plumber and an Illinois Certified Plumbing Inspector.
- 5 years’ experience as a licensed plumber.
- Current ICC Certification as a Property Maintenance Inspector, or must be obtained within six (6) months of hire date.
Salary Range: $30 – $35 per hour depending on qualifications. No benefits.
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a City of Countryside Employment Application, resume and three (3) references. Submit application, resume and references to City of Countryside, Human Resources, 803 Joliet Road, Countryside, IL 60525 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date to apply for this position: Open until position is filled.
The City of Countryside is an Equal Opportunity Employer