The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Countryside is now accepting applications to create a 2-year eligibility list for the position of Police Officer.
APPLICATIONS must be obtained at the Police Department, 5550 East Avenue, Countryside, Illinois 60525 starting Monday, March 11, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
APPLICATION FEE – A non-refundable application fee of $50.00 must be paid at the time the application form is obtained.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS and REQUIRED DOCUMENTS must be received by the Board no later than Friday, April 5, 2019 at the Police Department by 4:00 p.m.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION will be on Tuesday, April 23, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. at City of Countryside – Council Chambers, 5550 East Avenue, Countryside, IL 60525. Check-in begins at 6:15 p.m. Candidates are to arrive no later than 6:45 p.m. with photo identification (valid Driver’s License or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
WRITTEN EXAM will be on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. at the Countryside Banquets & Conference Center, 6200 Joliet Road, Countryside, IL 60525. Check-in begins at 8:15 a.m. Candidates are to arrive no later than 8:45 a.m. with photo identification (valid Driver’s License or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Age Requirements: At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age as of April 5, 2019 unless otherwise exempt by statute.
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Education: Must have 60 hours accredited College/University courses. Education will be waived for candidates who have 2 years U.S. military service with an honorable discharge.
- Character: No felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Residency: No residency requirement.
- POWER Test Card: Must have a current and valid POWER Test Card dated within 12 months prior to application deadline (cards considered valid only issued 4/5/18 – 4/5/19).
Salary: $60,106 – $96,609; Starting at $60,106 and reaching the top salary of $96,609 after 10 years. (This range is effective until April 30, 2019)