HOUSEHOLDS now have until October 31, 2020 to complete the 2020 Census!
Let’s make sure these funds stay in Countryside, complete the 2020 Census today!
Your census can be completed online, by phone, or by mail.
- Online: my2020census.gov. If you do not have an invitation to respond, simply indicate that you do not have a Census ID and then enter the address you are reporting.
- Phone: Call 844-330-2020 (English); 844-468-2020 (Spanish); 844-479-2020 (Polish); 844-416-2020 (Arabic); 844-391-2020 (Chinese-Mandarin); 844-398-2020 (Chinese-Cantonese); 844-494-2020 (French); 844-477-2020 (Haitian Creole); 844-460-2020 (Japanese); 844-392-2020 (Korean); 844-474-2020 (Portuguese); 844-417-2020 (Russian); 844-478-2020 (Tagalog); 844-461-2020 (Vietnamese); 844-418-2020 (English-Puerto Rico Residents); 844-426-2020 (Spanish-Puerto Rico Residents); 844-467-2020 (Telephone Display)
- Mail: Complete the questionnaire sent to your home and mail back in the envelope provided.
If you fail to respond, a census taker will follow up in-person to assist you. Census takers will be visiting neighborhoods mid-August through the end of October.
Census Taker information: please click HERE.
2020 OPERATIONAL PLAN SCHEDULE
WHY THE CENSUS MATTERS:
- The Census helps ensure fair representation in government. Your responses are used to redraw legislative districts and determine the number of seats your state has in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Your responses inform where $675 billion is distributed each year to communities nationwide for clinics, schools, roads, and more.
- Local government and city planning is impacted by Census data. Real estate developers and city planners use census data to plan new homes and develop neighborhoods.
- The Census provides the most reliable data for public and private sector planning. This effects education planning; infrastructure and transportation planning, medical and research dollars. Businesses use data to decide where to build factories, offices, and stores.
FACTS ABOUT THE CENSUS:
- You must be 18+ to fill out the census.
- There are 10 questions on the census form. Sample Questionnaire.
- The 2020 Census does NOT ask about citizenship.
- Your personally identifiable information (PII) is protected by law and cannot be shared outside the Census Bureau. Only statistical information is utilized, not personal information.
- By law, your census answers cannot be used against by the FBI, CIA, DHS or ICE.
- NO financial information (SS# or bank account) is asked on the census form.
- English language proficiency is not required to participate in the 2020 Census. The online census will be available in 12 languages. The paper form will be available in English and Spanish.
CENSUS PRIVACY AND SECURITY:
The Census Bureau is bound by Title 13 of the U.S. Code to keep your information confidential. Under Title 13, the Census Bureau cannot release any identifiable information about you, your home, or your business, even to law enforcement agencies. The law ensures that your private data is protected and that your answers cannot be used against you by any government agency or court.
The answers you provide are only used to produce statistics. You are kept anonymous: The Census Bureau is not permitted to publicly release your responses in any way that could identify you or anyone else in your home.